We all know that illnesses can strike at any time, and the cost of hospitalization is always a concern, particularly for the poor. That is why the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, regardless of social status, ensures the health of every Filipino through social insurance. Always keep your membership up to date in case of a medical emergency, and having a PhilHealth ID is one of the most effective ways to claim benefits. Depending on which branch you request to obtain the ID, it may be inconvenient to queue up, but don’t underestimate the importance of having one, especially during this pandemic.
PhilHealth Requirements for Membership:
• Two (2) completed copies of the PhilHealth Member Registration Form.
• Two (2) copies of a 1×1 ID picture.
• At least two (2) valid IDs or a photocopy of your NSO Birth Certificate.
If you have completed the requirements and registration, you will be given your PhilHealth Identification Number. When paying your monthly contributions or filing claims, you will use this membership number.
Requirements in requesting PhilHealth ID:
- Be a PhilHealth Member
- PhilHealth ID Number
- Photocopy of at least 2 valid IDs
- Accomplished PhilHealth ID Request Form
- 1×1 ID Picture
Additional requirements for damaged or lost PhilHealth ID:
- Damaged ID (to be surrendered)
- Affidavit of Loss (for lost ID)
Here are the steps on how to get a regular PhilHealth ID:
- For Employees and Voluntary Members
1. Visit PhilHealth’s nearest bureau.
2. Fill out a PhilHealth Request Form and secure it.
3. Make the original and a photocopy of your valid identification cards and the 1×1 image together with your request slip. Fall in line. Fall in line. Wait for your turn. Wait for your turn.
4. You will be requested to hand over your paperwork and other criteria after being called. The teller will verify your PhilHealth membership number before instructing you to sit and wait for your ID to be printed and issued.
5. Your card will be issued within a few minutes. Check all of the information again.
6. Because the regular PhilHealth ID is made of paper, it is best to laminate it after sticking your 1×1 ID picture and signing on it.
- For Senior Citizens
Application through the Office of Senior Citizen Affairs (OSCA)
1. Pay a visit to the OSCA in the city or municipality where the elderly person resides.
2. Complete and obtain two (2) copies of PMRF.
3. Submit the completed forms and wait for the Member Data Record (MDR) and ID to arrive.
Application via a Philhealth Office
1. Go to your nearest PhilHealth office.
2. Complete and obtain two (2) PMRF
3. Prepare the original and a photocopy of the senior citizen’s OSCA-issued ID or any valid IDs, as well as a 1×1 ID picture, to go with the request slip. Get in line. It would help if you waited your turn.
4. After being summoned, you will be asked to turn in completed PMRFs and other requirements. After the teller confirms your PhilHealth membership number, you will be asked to sit and wait for your ID to be printed and issued.
5. Your card will be issued within a few minutes. Recheck all of the information.
6. Since the regular PhilHealth ID is made of paper, it is best to laminate it after sticking your 1×1 ID picture and signing on it.
Note: Most government and financial institutions do not accept it as a valid primary ID because, unlike other government-issued IDs such as UMID, it lacks security features. The process of requesting a PhilHealth ID is free, and in my experience, the entire transaction takes less than 15 minutes. Time queuing may differ depending on where you request your ID, the time of day, and the day of the week. Some PhilHealth offices have break time, usually from 12:00nn to 01:00 pm, and office hours, which are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.